Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear John letter

 

Dear John letter !!



 Have you ever heard " Dear John letter"??

There is a song "Dear John letter"


Dear John~ Hpw I hate to write~♪


What is the letter about ?
What does it mean?

This expression started during the Second World War!!
At that time thousands of solders were stationed oveseas for two or three years.
Their girlfriends found new boyfriends.
They worte letter and carried them to their boyfriends!!

It is right farewell letter !!!


Why is the name called John??

That isn't entirely clear!
but
Perhaps, this is because John ws a common name for a man during this period
Without starting out "Dear honey"
The letter was written in a formal way into only their name!




  Dear John song.

Dear John
Oh, how I hate to write
Dear John
I must let you know tonight
That my love for you has died away
Like grass upon the lawn
And tonight I wed another dear John

I was overseas in battle
When the postman came to me
He handed me a letter
And I was happy as I can be
The fighting was all over
And the battles, they'd all been won
But then I opened up the letter
And it started "Dear John"

Dear John
Won't you please send back my picture?
My husband wants it now
When I tell you who I'm wedding
You won't care, dear, anyhow
And it hurts me so to tell you
That my love for you has gone
But tonight I'll wed your brother dear John

   

No comments:

Post a Comment