Wednesday, April 9, 2014

“No WAR“ and “WORLD PEACE“




We are one and only divided nation in the world. Living in this country, have we ever thought about peace? Well, for most Koreans peace means just the state without military collision against North Korea. Then what is world peace to us? There are numerous disputes and wars going on, we don‘t really feel related to those except for the moment when we hear of it from news. Call me ignorant, yet at least I was that kind of person. One day, I bumped into a bunch of people crying out for “No WAR“ and “WORLD PEACE“. Who are they and how come they are doing it? It came as a refreshing jolt to me who has never thought about doing something for world peace. And there was an old man proclaiming “World Peace!“. Although in distance, I could see him standing firm in his belief, feeling that he was gathering up all the youth. Wondering who he is, I asked someone about him. “Man Hee Lee“, an advocate of world peace. I haven‘t heard of him, but his powerful voice and assertive face didn‘t go away in my mind. Looking him up, I found out how great are the works he has done overseas. He has met many presidents, politicians, religious leaders as an individual not even a representative of a nation. What he does is simple. He persuades them with the element for world peace he has got and draw an agreement to world peace, which is needed for sure, yet no one has ever been able to do. He even mediated the peace treaty in Mindanao. That is an island I cared about since one of my best friends lives there being war-battered. He brought peace to my friend and Mindanao! I could never thank more to him. At the moment I realized peace is a matter of life and death of my friend or my family, not someone I never know. The better thing he got me is I started to care about peace thanks to him. His philosophy is simple. Who doesn‘t want peace? When we are enlightened and become the potential peace makers, including me, we can have a voice to the whole world.   A fog cannot be dispelled with a fan. Yet, once a myriad of fans are gathered, a for will disappear. Let‘s believe in ourselves. We can be the peace makers with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment